Friday, September 9, 2011

I am...






I am a single mother of three children from the island of Guam. I was born and raised in the bay area, and though I may be older than most classmates, it is never to late to return to school to achieve a higher education. I am a full time student at San Jose City College, a full time mother of three children, five step children, and one step grandson. I work part time as a leasing agent in Alameda, Ca. leasing units from three apartment complexes. It is an easy position to have, but it is clearly not my career goal. I work as a leasing agent on the weekends only which is great for me because I can be a full time student, a full time mother, and a part time employee, which is all necessary in my life at this time to achieve my future goals. I also do volunteer work whenever possible by volunteering at my daughters school and helping out as much as possible for the Milpitas Knights, where my three youngest are involved in football and cheerleading.


I was raised within a Catholic home. We were not a very religious family. We did not go to church every Sunday like most dedicated religious families would, but we did know in our heart that we believed in God. My father is a retired Vietnam Veteran and police officer. My mother is a stay at home mom and the nurturer for us children which consisted of my older brother, two older sisters and myself. I was raised in a loving home with good values and beliefs. We were taught that family is everything in life along with education and career goals to be very important and necessary to succeed in society.


My career goal at this time is to achieve a MSW (Masters in Social Work). I love to help people in general in all aspects of life. I am really debating in achieving and taking the necessary classes/steps to obtain a degree in Psychology at this time, but further thought and examination of my life is needed in figuring out if that is what I want to do. For right now, being a student at San Jose City College, is necessary to achieve my goal that I have set in my life at this time.


I am a caring mother, friend, sister and fiance. I try to make time for myself by working on my hobby which is scrapbooking. I just started this hobby and I truly love gathering pictures of my family and friends and putting it in an album that my kids can reflect back on when they grow up. My friend and neighbor Gloria is the reason why I started this hobby. She helped me realized that sharing pictures of our family vacations, holidays and even pictures of my children on the first day of school can be shared not only online through facebook, myspace, or through an email, but it can be shared with family and friends with an album that I put together, and with a little bit of help with arts and crafts it can help your imagination remember back to that day, that week, or that year.



2 comments:

Chuck said...

Hafa Adai! I have a sister-in-law who is Guamanian. Went to high school with with friends who are Guamanian. I believe that you will succeed in whatever you do. God searches the heart and I know that helping people is what He cares about.I admire your perseverance, and hard work. You have a large family which means you sacrifice to some degree. I believe that you will soon find out what you want to do in school and that the outcome will bless other people beside yourself. Chuck

Vitesh said...

Sheila big ups for being able to manage three children and and full time student life.