Friday, October 28, 2011

Feedback

I was a little confused by my peer reviews. Before class I had Mrs. Knapp read over my rough draft. It seems I was able to get more of a positive response and feedback from our teacher rather than the students who read my paper. So all in all I was more confused than ever.

On the rough draft peer review where the students have to give their feedback about what my paper included and missed I had checkmarks all under the no section and almost section. I was so confused when I saw this especially getting positive feedback from our instructor I felt like I had to re-write my whole paper. I am though taking into consideration my peers feedback and I am working on all aread to tighten up my paper and making it more presentable.

I tried to incorporate more examples into my paper in regards to the three topics i chose to write about. I tried to go over the TEA in each paragraph to make sure that it was all covered. I stayed traditional and named my essay Persepolis, and I was able to, with the help of Mrs. Knapp, find my thesis that was lodged in the third page of my essay. I found a better place to fit it somewhere between the first and second paragraph of my essay. I think that I revised it and hopefully it is good enough to pass, fingers crossed.

After proof reading and proof reading and proof reading I was able to find the errors and comments that my peers made in regards to my rough draft and hopefully I was able to fix if not all but most of them to help me prepare for my final draft. I also found myself practically re reading my book after I looked over some notes we took as a group when we had to do the sandwhich paragraph and cause and effects on certain things that we had to identify in the book. Actually those notes helped a lot when I was writing my paper. I also was able to get some help from the peers in my class that read my essay. Though they made comments on the paper we were given to write about the essay we were reading by giving our input they also helped me through one one one conversation on how to pin everything together as I wrote my essay.

As I said before getting a positive feedback from Mrs. Knapp was great but when I got the negative feedback from my essay in class I was extremely confused. I was stuck on what to do because the teacher said great, students said no no no, ughhhh so confusing. I hope I got it together and hopefully all the scratching of my head, and anxiety attacks helped me fix it up and make it hopefully a descent work of art, until it is graded we will not know, so fingers crossed and all the I’s all dotted and t’s crossed.

No comments: