Friday, December 16, 2011

Peer Review Feedback

In regards to the peer review feedback I did not have a good experience. I was only able to get one person to read my paper for their input and since that person did not even start on their paper it seemed like they were more getting ideas from mine on what to write. The only thing I got back from that was that they said that I needed to put it in order and I should move paragraphs around. Even though I was able to learn from my peer in class that my paper needed to be more organized and my paragraphs were jumped from scene to scene, I still wish that I had others read my paper. I tried finding other students but they already were working on another students paper, so I just started examining mine and figuring it out by moving things around, adding stuff, re-writing stuff, tighting it up as best as I could.

It took a while to fix it and then I realized that I practically wrote a whole new paper. It seems that I wanted to get more into detail about some characters I mentioned and so by just saying their name did not give my readers enough information about who they were reading about. I added, and deleted, and moved everything around. I even created a whole new introduction, but now I am thinking my introduction is too long. Ugh the stress and struggles of hoping everything is right. I noticed that if I put to much effort into a paper my grade is poor and if I just write it with little to no effort my grade is excellent. I emailed Mrs. Knapp after I finished fixing everything hoping that I could email her my paper to get some feedback, since I was only able to get one student who did not pay to close attention when reading , I hope she returns my email soon because I really want to send it to her for some last minute opinions.

My essay seems finished to me now, but I keep re-reading and re-reading it. I am sure most of us do that knowing that this is our final paper and our grade on this paper is the deciding factor if we pass or not. Its a do or die paper and the only thing that I feel stumped on is the thesis, ugh the thesis. Its such a difficult thing for me to do and I hate working on it so much because its hard. I am sure everyone in class had positive and negative feedback from their peers and that this final paper is going to be do or die. I hope that the feed back I got and that anyone else got was correct and helps us towards making each and everyone of us have an outstanding essay. Good luck to everyone I enjoyed the class and the other students I worked with throughout the semester hope to see you in the next step of English, English 1c.

No comments: